Emergency Department Expansion
When Minutes Count...Count on Us
Expanding Emergency Care
Since 1925, Torrance Memorial Medical Center has provided compassionate, high-quality care to residents of the South Bay and the surrounding communities. Our award-winning 24-hour Emergency Department provides comprehensive, life-saving care for thousands of patients each year with an expert team of nurses, physicians and specialists.
Melanie and Richard Lundquist Emergency Department Recognitions
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Designated as an Emergency Department approved for Pediatrics
- ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Receiving Center
- Paramedic base station for Los Angeles County
- One of only three certified Burn Treatment Centers in Los Angeles County
- Recipient of the Lantern Award for extraordinary nursing care
Our Goal: Expansion
To better serve the needs of our community and accommodate our growing patient volume, it is imperative we take action by expanding the Emergency Department as a whole. In addition to serving new patients, it is our mission to ensure members of the community have continued access to the advanced care and services they have grown to trust at Torrance Memorial Medical Center.
Currently located on the first floor of the East Wing, we plan to make significant renovations and extend the Emergency Department to also occupy the second floor, which formerly housed the Intensive Care Unit. This $62 million expansion will break ground in late 2024 and take approximately five years to complete.
The remodeled Emergency Department will include:
- More than 80 treatment spaces
- Rooms with glass walls for better privacy and security
- New elevators
- New consultation spaces
- Special behavioral health rooms
- Various designated specialty spaces
- Noise reduction enhancements
Your Contribution Will Save Lives
Your donation in any amount will significantly expand the scope of care at our Emergency Department when minutes matter most. It will allow us to treat more patients who require life-saving treatment during some of the most critical moments in their lives.
Your immeasurable impact will be felt for years to come in the South Bay community.